Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis The Season To Be Jolly...


OK to let everyone know about Christmas Dinner that will be held in Panchkula on Sunday 25th...


Firstly none of us our rich so everyone attending has to pay for their meal, after hours of deliberation and taking all suggestions into consideration me & Kent have come up with the following menu -


Potatoes both mashed and roast

Mix Vegetables boiled and roast

Rice

2 types of Gravy, Malai & Butter Masala

Chapati

Paneer Pasanda

Roast Chicken (sorry we tried hard for the duck to no avail)


All this comes to the grand total of approx 200 Rs per person only.

As you can see no desserts are included, depending on what people want maybe we can all contribute money to buy something- cake, ice cream, chocolate? (we at least have Ryan's alcohol fueled cake – though i personally doubt its existence since very few people seem to have actually seen it?!)


People are more than welcome to bring along any traditional dishes or food they want to make and it will also be Bring Your Own Bottle! So if you want any alcohol you have to bring it!


If anyone has any problems with the menu/prices etc get in touch with me or Kent or leave a comment – though make it snappy time is tight!


Also remember to take along the 2 secret friends presents on the day!


Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

ryan101 said...

The menu looks good!

I'm a little upset cranberry sauce is considered a luxury item though...

And my cake does exist, it's looking a lot like a bottle of 8pm now though! just kidding, it now features home made marzipan and icing too!

Sorry if it doesn't taste very good though - it's actually the first cake i've made... (well, it's the second, but the first didn't turn out very well, so i wont count that one!)

ignacio said...

guys...i will prepare my speciality...Monkey Tail...Sounds horrible but it's a non-monkey thing, Chileans put that horrible name and we don't even have those creatures in Chile...its just the name....

imagine eating monkey tail here...where monkeys are kinda a holy...

well we can call my drink...
"Hanuman Tail"

Is Hanuman a monkey or just looks like a monkey?

nicholas said...

I talked my cute cooking lady cookie yesterday and she is going to make us 2 plum cakes (I think she said plum or maybe rum, yey more alcohol in food). So anyway I'll pick them up on Sunday. I suggest that we get some ice cream to have with all this cake.

Jean said...

Well, I'm bringing Hot Irish Whiskey to the occasion (unfortunately I mean 8pm/Bagpipers no Jameson here) but it's how we always make it in winter, especially in my house on 24th Christmas Eve...It's also excellent at relieving any cold symptoms if anyone else is unfortunate enough to be suffering like me!

ryan101 said...

Mmmm, all sounds tasy - can't wait to see what other traditional goodies turn up on the day!

Unknown said...

Ooh! I want to know what the monkey tail is! Nacho can you take a picture to show me later?

As for the cranberry sauce, I can donate a can to the cause! My dad brought me one but since I won't be cooking Xmas dinner, then I won't need it. I won't be at the Xmas dinner, so consider it your Christmas gift. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

ryan101 said...

Thanks for the cranberry sauce Samantha!

...does anybody have a can opener?!

kyoush said...

i think i saw one at the 38 house... or was it at my own house...

hmmmm... i'll check it

kyoush said...

Hey Nacho,

I have a cocktail shaker. I can bring it for your Cola de Mono if you want.

just say the word... ;)