Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just so you're all aware

I felt this today, don't know if anyone else did but thankfully there are no injuries...

From the BBC

'Mild quake' hits northern India
An earthquake has hit northern India, officials of the country's meteorological department said.

A meteorological department official told the BBC that the quake struck at 1230 and epicentre "could be somewhere near" the northern state of Uttaranchal.

There were no immediate reports of any casualties and damage.

Residents of the Indian capital, Delhi, felt mild tremors.

3 comments:

nicholas said...

I keep missing the earthquakes. For real, I think I am resistent to them. I bet it's a superpower and soon I'll be able to fly?

Jean said...

Yeah it was my first one too!
Thought it would be more dramatic...

kyoush said...

mmm... sorry for the delay in posting, but here's more info.

Epicentre: Chapora in Uttaranchal
Time: 1239 IST
Intensity: 5.2 Richtor

and since almost noone felt the one on Tuesday morning (or Monday night, depending on your interpretation)...
[Yes people, there WAS one!!... i was too sloshed to notice though]

Epicentre : 'somewhere' in the Hindukush mountain range in Afghanistan
Time: 0317 IST
Intensity: 6.8 Richtor

reports of damage to property. Loss of life not confirmed