Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Global Christmas In Chandigarh!

OK, So as Christmas is fast approaching I've decided to make some definite arrangements -

First – People!

This is the list of people who will be here to celebrate as far as i know-

Jean (Veg)
Nacho (Veg)
Carol (Veg)
Nina (Non-Veg)
Julia (Non-Veg)
Luisa (Veg) -?
Heera (Veg) -?
Germain (Non-Veg)
Marine (Non-Veg)
Lucie (Non-Veg)
Nicholas (Non-Veg)
Mads (Non-Veg)
Ryan (Non-Veg)
Kent (Non-Veg)
Marty (Non-Veg)
Marian (Non- Veg)
Kush (Non- Veg)

If I have left anyone out or forgotten anyone, please correct me!


Secondly - Food!


Talking to a few different trainees I think it's best if we order a dinner for everyone – no trainee house is equipped for cooking properly & with so many people it might be disastrous!
So, thanks to Kent's private chef we may be able to organise a kind of Christmas dinner - potatoes, chicken[no turkey!] etc. So please make any suggestions you have for what you would like for a Christmas dinner either as a reply to the post or to Kent (who has agreed to take control of the food!)

To make this order easier I've put veg/non-veg beside all the people that will be around so we know what to order...if this is not right, now's the time to object!

And of course if anyone would like to cook anything traditional from their country or have any traditions they'd like to do – they'd all be very welcome!


Finally - Presents!


As we've decided to do Secret Friends/Santa, it will include all the people on the list. At least one person from every trainee house will be at the party tomorrow in 36C (see previous posts if you don't know what I'm on about!)so this is when it will be arranged. Trainees not at the party or traveling will have a housemate pick their secret friend for them!


And I think that's all!

The celebrations for Christmas will take place in Panchkula and with their gracious hospitality everybody is welcome to stay over. As it's on a Sunday I suggest we all meet up on Saturday, Christmas Eve to get the celebrations started!


And please everyone, make suggestions on any additions/changes to the plans so far - then we can all be happy with the arrangements & have the best Christmas this city has ever seen!


wow- think this is my first real serious post to the blog that didn't involve something stupid!

9 comments:

nicholas said...

I volunteer 36C for a christmas eve party complete with christmas punch and caroling on Saturday evening.

From what I hear the 36C house is being given up at the end of the month so along with celebrating Santa coming we will be saying an emotional farwell to dirty sexy.

I'll post more details next week but keep the night of the 24 clear.

kent said...

Sounds good. Let's hit up Athena later that evening and then crash at Panchkula. In the morning, we'll all wake up to a tree with presents underneath it.

Jean said...

I think we should have the Christmas eve party in PanchCooler, we have rich neighbours to sing carols to, and everyone can sleep at our place that way we can wake up early in the morning all excited and open our Christmas presents together by the Christmas tree and log fire! Well, we have a small pot plant that could pass as a tree, and we can move the gas tank into the lounge for the fire…And I'm sure our landlady wont mind a party she can't stop our Diwali unless she's in league with the Grinch

kent said...

Hmmm...strange that clicking on "Ryan" takes you to Jean's profile. Looks like we have a new two-headed monster in town.

Jean said...

Ha ha that's just what I was saying! I feel like an identity stealing freak! Watch out you could be next!

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean said...

Well, as far as I've been told Samantha is not in Chandigarh on the 25th, so I think secret friends should be for the people at the dinner so everyone gets a present on the day...

I just spoke with Luisa on MSN and she asked me to change her & Heera to Veg?
I originally had both down as Non-Veg.

kent said...

Ya, Samantha is gonna be in Delhi on Christmas.

kyoush said...

I was just wondering...

Do i not get to be a part of this?? :((
everyone forgot me!! :((((((((

Oh, and organiserzzz, keep Alina (Emil's girlfriend) on the list too (temtatively at the moment)

Anyways, we're gonna discuss this tonight, so, see ya'll there ;)