Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Food

The other day I made Chandigarian Christmas cake while at Samantha’s house.

This is a fruit cake with the tiniest bit of alcohol to add flavour.  Christmas cake (in the UK at least) is usually made a couple of months in advance, and then ‘fed’ with some brandy every couple of weeks to ensure a tasty cake.

Despite the Chandigarian Christmas cake being made on a shorter time scale, initial reports from Johanna are good “texture is perfect, the fruits are still a bit wet which is good”.

The main cake will be served on Christmas Day, but I should warn you…  Johanna is now wasted sat in her office after eating half a muffin sized cake.

And I still have 9 days to top up the brandy content…

3 comments:

Jean said...

haha Germain, it was much funnier having you try to explain & draw it!
Don't hold out for the orange & duck though!

Unknown said...

Are you talking about marrons, Germain? As in those yummy marrons glâcés?

Unknown said...

I use the French Canadian keyboard setting on Windows. I switch between that and the English Canadian keyboard. I can show you how to set it up next time we are near a computer.