Friday, September 23, 2005

What Happened to Friday?

Remember when Friday used to be a good day? Whatever happened to the popular phrase "Thank goodness (God) it's Friday"? I, for one, consider Friday to be another day of the week that just so happens to be preceded by Thursday and followed by Saturday. Just a coincidence, I suppose. I am no longer happy when Friday comes around. Nor am I happy after work on Friday. It would seem that I've lost all concept in the importance of Fridays. If I were unaware of the present day, I would assume that it was a Monday or a Wednesday. There is one explanation for all this....


I HAVE TO WORK ON SATURDAYS.

As for Sunday, it doesn't even feel like a weekend. I get up and say, "Shouldn't I be at work or something?" It takes me 10 minutes just to convince myself that I have the day off.

Does anyone else feel this way?

4 comments:

Vladan said...

I hate 6-day work week! Boo! :) Let's strike! :)

Jean said...

I know exactly what you mean; there is no weekend so to speak of any more just a non-workday and it sounds stupid saying ‘have a good weekend’ on a Saturday!
I really missed that Friday feeling…I use past tense cause don’t mean to add salt to your wounds but as of last Saturday, my work has decided no more Saturdays!!! So I’m getting ready to welcome back Fridays!

Even the kids have to go to school on Saturday…I guess that’s why Friday means nothing to people here! – Remember the excitement of finishing school on Friday evening?!

kent said...

friday after school was the greatest time of the week...exactly the opposite of the dreaded sunday night that could only be satisfied by a new episode of the simpsons. Although after the 30 mins were up, your shitty feeling came back.

That's good that you get saturday's off now. Enjoy them while you can.

ryan101 said...

i guess the resturant 'TGI Fridays' couldn't set up in India like KFC etc...

at least when we all go back to our home countries and we, heaven forbid, grow up and get a proper job it will come as a nice suprise when the weekend comes rather than being prepared to work another day.

also, i won't think of it as too much of a problem when we go to Amritsar this evening.
...enjoy working tomoro guys :D