Thursday, September 01, 2005

ANTS INVASION

"Does anybody know how to kill ants? I know this is not a question for a trainee blog, but in 36-c it seems that ants are coming to our house for internships...they are everywhere: in eggs, my cornflakes, my bed...

The other day, Jean prepared lunch for me. When I was about to eat it, I found small, crunchy bodies next to my carrots and mashed potatoes...gross!!

I tried to kill them once, but that didn't work. They kept coming at my shoes. Then Florian put them on the stove and turned on the gas...ever had crunchy ants?

So now, if you have, or have had, an ant problem in your house, we would love to hear your ideas on how to get rid of the damn things. How do we stop this invasion?

3 comments:

Jean said...

hey Nacho, doesn't look like anyone cares about the ant problem- i think you should just eat them, maybe that'll scare them away!

Vladan said...

Flamethrower!

Anonymous said...

If you can locate Borax, mix about a tablespoon of it with about a quarter cup of sugar. Add about a half cup of water. Pour this into low containers that ants can easily get into (I use lids and provide ramps for the ants), and place in the paths that they take. They will get this stuff on their legs and take it to their nests and it will kill the others in the nest. If you find that there are lots of dead ants around the containers, then they are dying before they can take it back to their nest. Then reduce the amount of Borax.

I found this on the Net a few years ago. It definitely works. You might want to do a search to get better proportions of the Borax to sugar to water.

Good luck.