Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pee-Money

I would like to thank the Bus company that drove Marian, Lucie and I to Dharamsala last Friday night. What a wonderful trip I had!

I realize that this is my first trip since coming to India, and that the first experience probably is the most disturbing, but please...

Lucie was thrown on the floor by the continuous bumping, Marianne got his head knocked on the ceiling quite a few times. For me, it was mostly the joy of slowly freezing to death underneath a window that, just for my extra pleasure, kept opening up during the night.

My favorite part of the 8 hour ride was the 2 hours I spent, keeping my bladder from bursting during the heavy bumping. I have never had to pee so bad in my life!

After those two horrible hours of 'holding it', I sprang up to the "driver" and asked him to stop for toilet. We drove on for a bit and then he stopped, opened the door and pointed out into the dark.

I was scared to death of going out there alone, thinking that every step could possibly be my last, I could fall to my death in the hills. Well, it wasn't the hills that nearly killed me, it was a man - an ugly man - a fat and ugly man who stank like a toilet bowl!

I found a toilet shed and as I was walking into the ladies part of it, this fat and ugly man who stank like a toilet bowl jumped out of nowhere, yelling something at me in... some language I couldn't even begin to understand (probably a language spoken by fat and ugly men who stink like toilet bowls and jump screaming at girls who simply can't hold it any longer). The shock rushed me into the squatter, where I did my business and ran out.

Then man kept yelling after me "Hallo - hallo!" but I just jumped back onto the bus, safe and sound... or so I thought...

The fat and ugly man who stank like a toilet bowl came knocking on the windows of the bus, yelling these perfectly pronounced "Hellos". I just layed down in my seat, too afraid to move. And then, just when everything got silenced again, my horrifying stalker came onto the bus, still yelling his "Hellos" at me, plus some other things I couldn't understand.

I was too afraid to look up, but Lucie said that people were giving head gestures towards where I was sitting. I had obviously cheated this man out of his toilet money... and my bus load of travelling companions was not sympathetic to an Icelandic gal who simply couldnt 'hold it' any longer.

I promise that I will never ever cheat an ugly fat man who stinks like a toilet bowl for his well-deserved pee-money again!!!

3 comments:

kyoush said...

RIMCLOALAIC [Rolling In My Chair Laughing Out As Loud As I Can]

Sorry Nina, but you have to agree, that was hillarious, for lack of a better word.

And know what? Considering the way you started it, i thought that probably there was a 'happy' side to it, and was waiting for things to turn, only to realize in the end that it was classic Guðný Sarcastic Humour.

I can sorta imagine how you must've been 'feeling'...
But still... **giggling**
...
...
**more giggling**

Vladan said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go Nina! That was a nice baptism of fire. Welcome to India! :)

P.S.
Don't stop traveling!

sarika said...

Traineeship in Chandigarh is a nice blog post.
thank you very much for sharing this one.