Monday, June 12, 2006

Best/Worst/Funniest?

Wow, this is tough. I need to submit the candidates to my brain for voting. Hopefully the voting will be fair and democratic, without any influence from the other lobes. Sorry for the lack of pictures, maybe i'll upload them some day.

Best Moment:

Hanging out in the back of a liquor stand with the Panchkula police eating chapati, daal, and aloo and drinking some beer. Highlight of the night was getting to hold a rifle.

Worst Moment:

Although I was already back at home, the day that same liquor stand was demolished was a rough one. So many memories went down in a cloud of dust.

Funniest Moment:

Buying liqour at said liquor stand for christmas party, only to have a case of beer fall off one of the bikes. Five were lost in the debacle, however we did manage to save a horse from being crushed by a cart. I'm still trying to figure out why this is funny....

I find it odd that my most memorable moments from Panchkula are based around a liqour stand. It's justified as follows:

Internship at Company = Bad, Liqour = Happy, therefore Liqour + internship at company = necessary to remain sane. Hmm...that made no sense.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job Kent! Now... where's everybody else? I thought more alumni read the blog...

Jean said...

I'm sorry I can't do this....every time I start thinking about it...it's just too emotional!
really, I can't decide! It's too much!

kent said...

I'll help ya, Jean:

Best - Hanging out in the basement of the liquor store/chicken place and having the owner ask us who we wanted removed from the establishment.

Worst - Being chased after by crazy rickshaw drivers or being on Ryan's bike when he went down.

Funniest - Sitting on 36C roof in the pool eating Kumars takeout.

Jean said...

hahaha thanks kent, i really was thinking of our indian pool party for funniest moment...it couldn't happen anywhere else!
and best time, we should have had everybody removed from the establishment!!!