Friday, February 17, 2006

Olympics Standings - Day 7


It is now Day 7 of the Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy. I checked and all our countries (below) have representatives competing at these Olympic Games. Let's see how our respective countries are doing in the medal standings (and remember, winning isn't everything):

Canada - Samantha - 1 gold, 3 silver and 3 bronze.

Great Britain - Jamie, Jean and Ryan - 1 silver.

Czech Republic - Lucie - 1 silver.

Slovakia - Marion - 1 silver.

Chile - Nacho - 0.

Japan - Jas - 0.

India - 0.

It's a good thing Ben and Johanna aren't still here, because they'd be kicking our asses with 10 medals (5 of them gold)!

4 comments:

ryan101 said...

I'm also proud to be Australian.

How are Australia doing?

Unknown said...

Sorry Ryan, I forgot about your Australian citizenship. I think you should switch to an Aussie accent once in while just to remind us.

Australia - Ryan - 1 gold - way to make it count!

And Canada won another bronze - men's figure skating. Just one more medal to catch up to those Americans!

Jean said...

Excuse me, I'm from the Republic of Ireland-not Great Britan...we have our own athletes competing...though I doubt we're doing well...but I'not British.

Unknown said...

Sorry Jean! Sheesh, I can't seem to get anything right in this post. I misspelled Marian's name, forgot about Ryan's other nationality and now this.

I checked and yes, Ireland does indeed have a team at these Olympics, but they haven't won any medals yet.

Germany's in first place though with 18 medals! The Czech Republic won another silver (go Lucie!) and we Canadians have caught up to the Americans with 13 medals - heh heh heh.